The next meeting of the Dallas Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing Association (DFW SEM) is set for Thursday, February 19, 2009 from 6:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Renaissance Hotel in Richardson.
The featured presentation will be on keyword research, from the basic to the advanced. Following the presentation, a site clinic will be held. All are welcome to attend. The cost for members is $10 and for non-members $30.
DFW SEM meetings are sponsored by SEMPO and Lead Maverick.
The Dallas / Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing Association is dedicated to the following principles:
- Educating North Texas businesses and marketing managers about the value of search engine marketing
- Promoting the search engine marketing industry in North Texas and surrounding regions
- Recognizing the value North Texas search engine marketers provide to businesses, advertisers, and search engines.
Two weeks ago I posted an article urging you to vote for the top search engine marketing posts of 2008 — the SEMMYS. The votes are now tallied and the winners have been posted on the SEMMYS website. Congratulations to all the finalists and of course, to the winners.
If you are interested in learning more about search engine marketing, I urge you to read the winning articles, as well as those of the finalists. And be sure to subscribe to their RSS feed because all are thought leaders in the industry and share valuable insight on a regular basis.
Without further ado, here are the winning SEMMYS for 2008:
- SEO: 12 Steps to Complete Search Engine Domination – From Zero to Hero in Just 6 Months by Gyutae Park, Search Engine Journal | 4/22/08
- PPC: PPC Copywriting: The Evolution of a PPC Split Test by Linda Bustos, Get Elastic | 5/21/08
- Social Media: How To Create Compelling Social Media Profiles by Brent Csutoras, Search Engine Land | 1/29/08
- Local Search: The Local Search Ranking Factors: Ranking High in Google Maps and Yahoo Local by David Mihm | 6/15/08
- Link Building: Link Building Strategies: 69 Solid Tactics For 2009 by Wiep Knol | 12/2/08
- Blogs & Blogging: WordPress SEO by Joost de Valk, Yoast | 6/10/08
- Viral Marketing: Proof that Savvy Social Media Users are the Most Contagious Viral Seeds by Dan Zarrella, NowSourcing | 8/26/08
- Analytics: Don’t Be Overwhelmed By Data by Vanessa Fox, adCenter Analytics Blog | 12/11/08
- Reputation Management: Five Steps for Recovering from an Online Reputation Crisis by Andy Beal, Marketing Pilgrim | 1/15/08
- Small Business: Google Blended Video Offers Small Business Marketing Opportunities by Michael Dorausch, Chiropractic Blogs | 3/26/08
- Google: Google Sitelinks Research, Examples, Theories and Best Practices [Project Big Water] by Eric Lander | 10/16/08
- Search Tech: Getting URLs outta Google – the good, the popular, and the definitive way by Sebastian X | 1/14/08
- Design & Usability: Three Reasons Your Visitors Don’t Convert to Leads by Bryan Eisenberg, ClickZ | 4/25/08
- Online Marketing/General: The Best Damn Web Marketing Checklist, Period! by Stoney deGeyter, Search Engine Guide | 9/2/08
- Industry: Search Without SERPs: The Future of SEO? by Pete Meyers, User Effect | 9/9/08
- LOL Funny!: You Oughta Know Inbound Marketing by Rebecca Corliss, HubSpot | 12/8/08
- Rants: Social Media Cash Grab by David Harry, Huomah | 7/16/08